Odyssey Key Chain 1/2" x 1/8"- Oversized Pins, Allen Key Half-Link, Masterlink - BMX
THIS IS THE SUPERIOR HOLLOW PIN VERSION (there is also a lower cost solid pin version)
- Color: Grey
- Number of Speeds: 1
- Chain Compatibility: 1/2" x 1/8"
- 81 Links
- Defined Color: Grey
- BMX Chain.
1. Oversize Pins. Traditional chain pins are 3mm in diameter, ours are 5mm. This not only makes them stronger but gives a bigger contact with the plates and so makes them harder to push or bend out. Additionally, the pins are riveted in place. Available in Hollow and Solid pin versions.
2. Thicker but lower profile side plates. With an extra narrow waist to each plate they are harder to catch on things. But at 1.4mm thick they are substantially thicker than the plates on any other chain and 50% harder to bend than the thickest existing 1.2mm chain plates.
3. Unique Master and Half links with threaded pins. Break and re-join the chain with just a 3mm hex key. Half link plates are less narrowed at the bends to increase stiffness and minimise stretch. By eliminating the use of a chain breaker to re-join the chain we can ensure factory tightness on all the pins.
4. Low overall weight. By using material as efficiently as possible we have strengthened every component of the chain and kept the weight the same as our Bluebird chain.
5. Low stretch. By using a standard alternating plate pattern and limiting to a single beefed up half link chain stretch is minimised, which in turn maximises sprocket and driver lifespan.
CHECK OUT WHAT RIDER’S THINK
I have had the pleasure of running this chain for a couple of years now. I could tell from the very first sample that Odyssey was on to something because even though I was purposefully punishing my chain, it refused to break. Fast forward to present day and the Key Chain has seen many refinements and I believe a new bar has been set for bmx chains.
- Gary Young
I’ve been riding the Key Chain for over 4 months now and it hasn’t broke once. I can’t say any other chain has held up like this one does.
- Jared Swafford
I’ve been a fan of this chain ever since I put it on. It’s easy to deal with and looks rad.
- Aaron Ross
The Odyssey Key Chain is the most reliable feeling chain I’ve ever ridden. With its thick plates and durable pins, I don’t need to run a guard sprocket because after testing it I know it’s gonna hold and I won’t have to check for busted links after bashing and grinding it!
- Jake Seeley